How to make Samosa (from India)
Samosa is an Indian delicacy but Nigerians love it so much!
It is now a constant feature at every party. Be sure to look for it in the small chops section and hurry because it is usually one of the first to disappear.
Ingredients for Samosa
The following ingredients make 8 samosas:
- 60g (2 oz) plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- A pinch of salt
- Warm water
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 2 medium Irish potatoes
- 2 handfuls of green peas
- 100g minced beef
- 2 cooking spoons of vegetable oil
- 1 big stock cube
- 1 stalk of spring onion (cut into thin circles)
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder (for colour, no chilli)
- Salt and ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
Feel free to customize the filling to your taste but the classic Indian Samosa must contain Irish potatoes and green peas.
See the video below for details of how to make Samosa.