Nigerian Party Fried Meat
This Party Fried Meat is so tasty, great for special treats and for your guests when you are having a party. You will need a police dog to guard this meat else, they will disappear in no time.
Ingredients for Party Fried Meat
- 500g (1.1 lbs) of best part of beef eg tenderloin
- Vegetable oil for frying
To season the beef:
- ¼ red onion
- A small piece of ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Green pepper
- Red Pepper
- Red Onion
Tool you'll need: toothpicks
Before you Make the Party Fried Meat
Marinate the beef
- Peel and dice the garlic, ginger and ¼ onion.
- Blend the three ingredients with a hand blender.
- Cut the beef into small rchunks and place them in a bowl.
- Add the thyme, black pepper, stock cubes and the garlic-thyme-onion blend.
- Stir very well.
- When done, cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
Prepare other ingredients
- Wash all the vegetables and remove the seeds from the green and red bell peppers.
- Cut the vegetables into medium squares and set these aside (see video).
Making the Party Fried Meat
- After about 1 hour, bring out the marinated beef and place in a pot.
- Spread it out in the pot, cover and leave to steam on medium heat.
- Keep an eye on it and stir often so it does not burn.
- After about 10 minutes, the beef will become pale with no blood in sight.
- Remove the beef from the pot.
- Pour some vegetable oil (2 inches deep) into another clean dry pot and set it on the stove to heat up.
- When hot, add a chunk on onion and then add some beef and start frying on high heat.
- Stir constantly and once the beef is golden all over, take them off the oil.
- Place them in a sieve lined with paper towels and leave to cool.
- When cool, thread the fried beef and vegetables in the order: green pepper, red pepper, onion and one fried beef.
You are done! Serve with a chilled drink, Nigerian rice dishes, salad, Moi Moi and many more.
Watch the video below to see a demo.