Cucumber African Salad (Cucumber Abacha)
With Cucumber African Salad, you get to enjoy Nigerian Abacha while on a low carb diet. The classic taste in intact, you will not even notice that the Abacha has been replaced with cucumber.
Ingredients for Cucumber African Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 cups ugba (ukpaka)
- 2 cooking spoons red palm oil
- A tiny quantity Powdered Potash (food tenderizer) See video below
- Half of a smoked mackerel
- Half of one red onion
- Salt and habanero pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground crayfish
- 1 small stock cube (Knorr)
- 1 teaspoon ground Ehu seeds (Calabash Nutmeg)
- Garden Egg leaves (alternative spinach)
For for information on these ingredients, click here.
Watch the video below for the recipe. Enjoy the Cucumber African Salad on it's own or with any Nigerian staple of your choice.